Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sooooo Close

Today I almost had a story for you. Here in Cookeville it began to snow yesterday and as night came it continued throughout. So this morning when I woke up a little late for my 8 A.M. art appreciation class the ground was dusted with the white powder.
Now when I say dusted, I do not mean covered, I mean you could clearly see the ground underneath easily.
So here we go, Becca and I, off to art without our ususal morning Starbucks inhand, but instead a NutriGrain bar. I was not in rain boots, but Speery's. I'm not goofing off walking to class, it was too cold for that. But yet I counted FIVE times my left foot slipped and I got a little scared. We have quite a long walk, I'd say, to get to the art building so there were plenty of opportunities for me to bust it. But the worst feeling came when we had to cross the street. There were two cars waiting for us to cross and I had the worst feeling in my stomache that I was going to fall... Luckily I didn't, however I did slip once more before getting into the building.
I had worried through art class because I knew I'm have to walk even more and I would probably not be so successful the next time I went out... All the snow had melted off the sidewalks!!!!!! I was so relieved to see this, one reason being I was half asleep (yes, I fell asleep while in art class. I know it's bad but I really could not help it. But so were everyone else so I don't feel so bad.).
I was excited that I didn't fall but I think it would have been a better story to tell than the time I almost fell.

No comments:

Post a Comment