Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowy Dream

I wish to share with you a dream, or was it real?? Imagine, (I would say close your eyes but you kinda need to see so you can read this otherwise you would just fall asleep and you wouldn't be interested in what I am typing) so imagine, walking out into a snow covered world, a world that looks as magical as the stories you heard as a child.

Everything is white and peaceful and sweet. You walk across this white layer covering the ground without a second thought of how to keep your balance. You go to spend time with friends and when the movie is over you are all on the back of the couch watching as the snow continues to fall so gently on the ground, covering any tracks that were previously laid, erasing the past. It all makes you feel so small.

Now, you are outside, not to go to the car, but to have an adventure in the snow, to explore the white wilderness. You travel square feet after square feet of the white powder until the urge to make a snow angel is so strong you can't resist: you're on the ground and all you care about is the need for accuracy in forming the perfect angel, so humble in the snow. You attempt to throw a snowball but as it leaves your hand the individual flakes get lost in the wind, giving the air some sparkle.

Yet, just as you are about to advance further, you see it, a tragedy... there was a wreck. Not a fall, but a vehicle wreck. Needless to say you stop, turn around, and slowly find your way back, hardly being able to see your foot prints.

The night does not end there though... IHOP!!! And you are not the only one there, a giant, dirty snowman is sitting outside watching you enjoy your buttermilk pancakes.

When morning comes you think, was that real?? Did the world really pause for all that?? Yes, yes it did.

With the ground still covered, a layer of ice just below the snow so with every step you hear the sound of breaking glass. You see no one but hear every little sound of people sliding on the hill, slipping on the steps, and laughing with friends at just how cold they are.

The entire weekend is over so quickly and you continuously ask yourself if you had really experienced this, not all the fun and sliding, but the fact that you didn't fall??? Could it be, you experienced a weekend, a long weekend of ice without a fall or slip?!?!?! It is a miracle!!

This is not your dream, I'm sure, but it is mine. I am so proud of myself for not falling but I have to admit I sliped several times as the sun began to melt the ice and snow because it made it that much slicker.

It has snowed more since then and every time I cross my fingers and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment